As the Memories Wither

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

As the Memories Wither

Postby Memoria. » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:37 am

Hiya, this is a spot for me to write as I need to do something with the ideas that keep building up in my brain. Everything written here will just be random pieces. Most pieces will probably be written in the point of view of one of my characters. Please don't post here. If you have any comments or anything feel free to pm me.
Memoria.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Index

Postby Memoria. » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:44 am

Index
Title | Character POV

Under the Moon | Luna Doe
Second Chance | Rowan Wells
Tainted King | Ayla Alderidge | Note: this is just a snippet from a bigger piece
Last edited by Memoria. on Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:46 am, edited 7 times in total.
Memoria.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Under the Moon

Postby Memoria. » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:00 am

|Under the Moon| Character POV: Luna Doe|

It was cold the night I finally got a name. I was standing on the balcony looking out at the stars. The sight at the time was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. It didn't matter if you were looking up or down. You could see the stars either way. The lake below copied every light in the sky. It was the perfect sight to enjoy with a cup of hot chocolate, which I didn't have yet.
"Jane?" Milo called from the kitchen.
I didn't reply or move. Honestly, I hated the name Jane. The thought of living the rest of my life as a Jane Doe was unbearable for me. Who am I, was a question that lingered in my head at all times. While I may not have known the answer to that question, I knew I was so much more than a Jane Doe.
"There you are. I made you some hot chocolate." Milo said, walking out onto the balcony.
He carefully handed the cup to me.
"Thank you." I muttered.
He stared at me for a moment before looking out over the lake. It remained quiet for a good ten minutes.
"You know you can tell me if anything is bothering you." He said.
"What?"
"Well, you've stood out here like this every day since you got out of the hospital. Usually, people like to be alone when something is bothering them. It's only natural for you to feel out of place if that's the problem. There was no way I was going to let you go off on your own with no memories."
"Oh, the view is beautiful, and I kind of feel drawn to it. I guess that's why I've spent every day out here. Thank you for allowing me to stay here. I'm sorry for not saying it until now."
"There is no need to say sorry. I understand that you probably have a lot going on in your head right now. Though I'd like it if you would voice at least one of your thoughts to me."
I spend a few minutes trying to wrap my head around my thoughts. Was there really something I wanted to say at that moment? You bet there was. I was frustrated with myself and with the world. How did no one know who I was? Where was everyone that cared for me? Had I always been alone? Was there really no one that even knew my name? I didn't feel comfortable asking any of those questions out loud.
"I hate the name Jane." I blurted out.
"Well, that's to be expected at this point." He chuckled. "What do you want to be called?"
I know a confused look crossed my face at this point. The truth was I didn't know what I wanted to be called. Nothing I had ever thought of stood out to me as a fitting name.
"I have no idea. Do you have any suggestions?"
"I think I might have one." He pointed at the moon. "How about Luna?"
"I like Luna. However, I don't think Luna Doe sounds that good."
"You're right, but you might get your memories back. We don't want to change your whole identity and cause even more problems for you more later."
"What if my memories don't come back."
"You can always change it a bit later on."
"Alright, you win. Lune Doe it is for the time being."
That was the first night I hadn't felt alone. There was someone by my side. I wasn't alone.

That took a long time. I'm actually not that good at writing.
Last edited by Memoria. on Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Memoria.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Second Chance

Postby Memoria. » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:11 am

|Second Chance| POV: Rowan Wells

There was nothing more calming than sitting in that old two-story café. I hated the smell of coffee, but there it was bearable. Lovell's café had become my safe space after years of visiting. The place would've closed down sooner if it wasn't for the owner's niece. Zoe was the cornerstone keeping everything from falling apart.
Zoe Lovell, the girl who could do it all. She never asked for any help, even after everything she lost. That girl could've held the whole world on her shoulders without complaining. She did so much, and yet, she asked for so little. Befriending her was the best choice I made as a kid. Well, it's not like I had a choice anyway. It's like she could always tell who needed her around the most.
It pains me to say I'm the reason that light ended up here. I deserve to be here. I deserve what happened to me. Weaklings never lasted in my former line of work. She deserved so much more. Her popularity was only growing in her industry. She could've shined in the spotlight. Instead, she's one of the king's knights in this strange afterlife.
A king's loyal knight and a reckless rebel would never be compatible. We're nothing more than enemies now. It's a fact that I accept, even if I don't like it. The past is just the past. I have chosen my path. This world has been unfair to some of us. Our role has caused us pain. I won't allow myself to become another person's puppet again. This is my second chance.
Last edited by Memoria. on Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Memoria.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Tainted King

Postby Memoria. » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:43 am

Tainted King | POV: Ayla Alderidge

I always knew my step-father was unpredictable. Everything he did made no sense to me. He was power-hungry and didn't care about the effects his next move had on others. He would start wars in a matter of seconds. The people feared him, so no one dared to speak against him out loud. Whispers against his evil deeds spread through the kingdom. However, those whispers were cursed to be just whispers forever.

This is just a snippet from an over 1,000 word piece I did yesterday. I probably won't post the whole thing here.
Memoria.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me