WHY PEOPLE ARE QUITTING CS- A Discussion

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you agree with the things said in the main post?

I agree with everything
28%
I agree with more than half
41%
I agree with about half
15%
I agree with less than half
11%
I disagree with all
5%

Total votes : 440

WHY PEOPLE ARE QUITTING CS- A Discussion

Postby tiredddd » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:05 am

Why People are Quitting Cs- A Discussion

First Off:

xxxxxHi, Im Scrap, I have been an avid user of cs since 2018 and have had my ups and downs with this community.
Every so often my intrest fades and i stop using this site, lets discuss why and what can be done, I'd love to see this site flourish as it once was and i hope admins will listen to this.

Issues:
(Ive made sure to bold my key points if you dont want to read all this)

xxxxxSomething ive noticed is that this site is very friend- oriented. Basically if you dont have a discord, tumblr, etc.. account, you cant really make friends (a huge disadvantage to the site) as PMing is kind of difficult as you only get 200 messages before things auto delete. It can get quite boring on here without being a part of many communities. Closed Species like Chicoons, Kalons, Wermz, Etc.. are what i feel a majority of people keep coming back for, at least for me. This place is FULL of drama and people are mainly discussing stuff offsite. The pet side of the site, can be a bit dry with people only coming back for major events like Dec 18, if i'm correct, the highest amount of people ever recorded being on here was freaking DECEMBER 2017, over FIVE years ago.

xxxxx Here's what i think is one of the main issues though: It feels like the staff, especially Nick and Tess, do not care about the site. For there to be anything fixed, it has to be a whole community uprising (shown with the cs security issue that still isnt 100% fixed.) Its almost as if the community cares more about this place than the head staff/ admns. Lets be honest, our suggestions are rarely ever heard on here. even if they are simple enough as reordering pets alphabetically. I know that the admins have their own lives and not every suggestion can/ should be used, but we are ignored for the most part. Its driving people away. On another note i feel is important: mods can sound rude with their monotone typing, this always scares me as a person who has trouble detecting tone.

xxxxx I realize that I forgot to include many issues on the pet side of cs and that being the pet economy in and of it self, i believe this comment sums it up really well. Even without mentioning the whole c$ inflation issue, things are not looking very good.
woe is me wrote:Another thing about the site being friend oriented is that it's very difficult to get the pets you want. This isn't actually an issue controllable by the admins, but I know for a fact that there are users that have been playing for a while and haven't come close to their goals because other players aren't willing to trade away pets or even help explain what was wrong with a trade after it's cancelled. I've struggled with it myself and have kind of just given up trying to collect pets with complicated values.

xxxxx Overall, I really hope people will read through all this, think you for taking the time to if you have.

How Can We Fix This?:

xxxxx Id love to hear input from others on this subject, as i dont really have many ideas myself. Once there are some options i feel are strong, ill paste them below this. I'd love to hear others thoughts on the matter, even if you dissagree.

NOTE- PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL OF ALL OTHERS OPINIONS
Even if you may not agree with what they have to say, it is important to listen to both sides of an argument, and be kind to one another.

Stamps to Show Your Support!

Code: Select all
[url="https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=4885370][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/490783412597293059/1137260287486066728/Untitled492_20230805014616.png[/img][/url]

[url="https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=4885370][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/490783412597293059/1137260287276367922/Untitled492_20230805014608.png[/img][/url]

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=4885370#p142555761][img]https://i.ibb.co/DGKWvSw/Untitled492-20230805014608-2-25.png[/img][/url]

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=4885370#p142555761][img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/130f4c5f-1f9d-413c-a1e8-a428734f7147/dg4t4k2-04ede04e-81a7-4420-8908-bb238794468d.jpg/v1/fill/w_100,h_75,q_75,strp/dabattlepass_by_darkspawn_cs_dg4t4k2-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzUiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC8xMzBmNGM1Zi0xZjlkLTQxM2MtYTFlOC1hNDI4NzM0ZjcxNDdcL2RnNHQ0azItMDRlZGUwNGUtODFhNy00NDIwLTg5MDgtYmIyMzg3OTQ0NjhkLmpwZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMDAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.mpLL2Q1u04lZnoJ-wP6rVHftmpBS9_GegaPPsoUWjcQ[/img][/url]

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=4885370][img]https://i.imgur.com/2qGyWJC.png[/img][/url]

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=4885370][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/939214808715251712/1137271193704083476/2023_08_05_044_Kleki.png[/img][/url]

Thank you for listening,
Let's make CS better together.
<3
Last edited by tiredddd on Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:09 am, edited 9 times in total.

xxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxx
xxxx
Heyyyy, I'm Scrap
tiredddd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WHY PEOPLE ARE QUITTING CS- A Discussion

Postby woe is me » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:12 am

Another thing about the site being friend oriented is that it's very difficult to get the pets you want. This isn't actually an issue controllable by the admins, but I know for a fact that there are users that have been playing for a while and haven't come close to their goals because other players aren't willing to trade away pets or even help explain what was wrong with a trade after it's cancelled. I've struggled with it myself and have kind of just given up trying to collect pets with complicated values.
Feel better soon.
woe is me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tiredddd » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:20 am

woe is me wrote:Another thing about the site being friend oriented is that it's very difficult to get the pets you want. This isn't actually an issue controllable by the admins, but I know for a fact that there are users that have been playing for a while and haven't come close to their goals because other players aren't willing to trade away pets or even help explain what was wrong with a trade after it's cancelled. I've struggled with it myself and have kind of just given up trying to collect pets with complicated values.

oh my gosh I cant believe i forgot about mentioning this, the whole pet economy is just messed up rn, i believe that this actually can be fixed and there has been suggestions on fixing it in the past, if the admins would listen to us, this could be fixed.
heres some threads to check out, i reccomend looking for others too:
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=4810750&hilit=dec+18
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=4663232&hilit=dec+18

xxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxx
xxxx
Heyyyy, I'm Scrap
tiredddd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beidoumain » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:22 am

I can relate to this. Ive been playing for 10 years this November
beidoumain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby milkbun » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:23 am

I’ve been playing but come back about every 6 months whenever it crosses my mind again. So.. very out of the loop.. What’s going on with CS’s security? I don’t know anything about it.
Last edited by dogtreat on Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited to remove mentions of age

roborovski dwarf hamster hobbyist 🤍
milkbun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tiredddd » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:31 am

yongmaeng wrote:I’ve been playing but come back about every 6 months whenever it crosses my mind again. So.. very out of the loop.. What’s going on with CS’s security? I don’t know anything about it.

to make a long story short, people are getting hacked and having pets stolen. many are advocating for 2FA and/ or a better security system. the most they have done at this point is send a notification telling people who havent updated their password in 2+ years to updaste their password
Last edited by dogtreat on Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited to remove mentions of age in quote

xxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxx
xxxx
Heyyyy, I'm Scrap
tiredddd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ramattra » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:34 am

it seems like the site is a lot deader in general, though i couldn't say why. i've always been involved in closed species and UMAs on here but the interest and activity in those forums is NOT the same as before. it's really sad. i almost wish they would do some sort of revamp to freshen the site and maybe attract old players back? or bring in new ones?
𝔰𝔲𝔣𝔣𝔢𝔯 𝔞𝔰 𝔦 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 !
hiiii i'm emmie ! #1 pharah pocketer
game art major | adult | she/her | black
my dA CS art gallery commissions

i hoard these cats and will overpay for them !
ramattra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Neechee* » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:36 am

I would like if the display name was different from the login name. Like at wajas. It would make it a lot more safe I think.
Pet's name:
*Neechee*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tiredddd » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:41 am

ramattra wrote:it seems like the site is a lot deader in general, though i couldn't say why. i've always been involved in closed species and UMAs on here but the interest and activity in those forums is NOT the same as before. it's really sad. i almost wish they would do some sort of revamp to freshen the site and maybe attract old players back? or bring in new ones?

I totally agree! Thats part of the reason im making this discussion, i want the Admins to take notice though i doubt they will, i love this site and ive made awesome friends from here and it breaks my heart to see it like this. I want to make this place better and i want more people to come back to it

xxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxx
xxxx
Heyyyy, I'm Scrap
tiredddd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby C.T. » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:42 am

Old time player here who hasn't been active in the community recently since 2015 or so when studies took over. Still come in monthly to adopt monthly pets, and to try to pick up events when they happen (such as this camp event). So not too involved but been watching things change over the years.

One thing I've noticed recently is, where are the new players? I recall being in forums where most people were 1-3 years old in their accounts. Even like 2018 this was pretty common when I did browse the trade forums. Now it feels like everyone who is still playing is just the few old time users that stick around, but very few new people now a days or at least not in the numbers have seen before....

Edit: Its also been crazy to watch the store market take off and the crazy price of C$ inflation yeah. I used to remember when I had a set of the alien store dogs and I was literally begging to trade them away in trades. No one wanted them. Now they are list equivalent - what? Idk def feels off and a lot more C$ heavy P2W. Also have heard from people its hard to get into the older pet trade now as the site accumulates pets...
Last edited by C.T. on Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
C.T.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me