See liked oekaki pieces suggestion

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: See liked oekaki pieces suggestion

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:54 am

-Phantom- wrote:I love this idea.

I bookmark a lot of editable Oekaki to go back and use later, or adopts that I am interested in but can't bid on just yet for whatever reason. Because I don't remember what Oekaki title goes to what piece, I have to open a lot of bookmarks to find what I am looking for. If I could scroll through my liked Oekaki, I could find whatever I am looking for much quicker as I would be able to see multiple pieces at once instead of having to open them in several tabs.

For this, you can go to edit, then save but not post it. I have a few things saved this way and it makes it easier to see the images at a glance. Unfortunately you would still have to post something to find the original one you edited though.

Absolutely supporting a list of liked Oekaki. I feel the lie feature is under utilized.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wheeze » Wed May 15, 2024 1:18 am

support
Wheeze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Wed May 15, 2024 5:04 am

I don't think I'd support this version of it actually :0 it's a really nice idea, but I'd rather have it associated with a button other than the "like" button. here's my reasoning on this:

on CS/oekaki, there's nothing "attached" to the like button. the like button is solely used for letting the artist of the piece know that an anonymous user "liked" their post. and I'd say for myself, even though in theory it "shouldn't" matter, receiving plentiful "likes" on a piece (especially if I worked hard on it) is a huge boost to my self esteem XD maybe even particularly because on other platforms it can be really difficult for me to receive any interaction at all. CS is the only place I feel like people actually notice and appreciate my artwork.

if a consequence, (even a positive one!) became "attached" to the like button - i.e, it's no longer a passing notification and instead becomes a way to "save" a piece to a gallery, then it would have weighted implications and I could really see it becoming used more for either bookmarking or only in very select circumstances for absolute most favorite pieces or something like that. even if a "liked" gallery was only visible to the person doing the "liking" - it just wouldn't be an easy, effortless show of support anymore and I think as a result, fewer pieces would receive "likes." as things currently stand, I make a point to "like" every single finished/polished oekaki drawing I come across xD even if it's not my favorite style or someone I even follow. just because likes can be such a positive boost to the artist and it "costs" nothing to give it, not even a supposed space in a gallery of everything Ive ever liked. (and that's not to say I use it flippantly! c: I can recognize hard work and effort or unique creativity even if a piece isn't something I'd "save" for myself to look back on later.)

I think it could be fun to save pieces to a viewable gallery of favorites in some other way, but I'd really prefer for it not to be a consequence of the "like" button, if that makes sense.
ImageImage
~ and here you are, continuing on,
despite how hard it's been ~

adult || she/shey/they
"Build-Your-Own" Editables
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby COOLDOGOOO » Thu May 16, 2024 1:46 am

Loelya wrote:I don't think I'd support this version of it actually :0 it's a really nice idea, but I'd rather have it associated with a button other than the "like" button. here's my reasoning on this:

on CS/oekaki, there's nothing "attached" to the like button. the like button is solely used for letting the artist of the piece know that an anonymous user "liked" their post. and I'd say for myself, even though in theory it "shouldn't" matter, receiving plentiful "likes" on a piece (especially if I worked hard on it) is a huge boost to my self esteem XD maybe even particularly because on other platforms it can be really difficult for me to receive any interaction at all. CS is the only place I feel like people actually notice and appreciate my artwork.

if a consequence, (even a positive one!) became "attached" to the like button - i.e, it's no longer a passing notification and instead becomes a way to "save" a piece to a gallery, then it would have weighted implications and I could really see it becoming used more for either bookmarking or only in very select circumstances for absolute most favorite pieces or something like that. even if a "liked" gallery was only visible to the person doing the "liking" - it just wouldn't be an easy, effortless show of support anymore and I think as a result, fewer pieces would receive "likes." as things currently stand, I make a point to "like" every single finished/polished oekaki drawing I come across xD even if it's not my favorite style or someone I even follow. just because likes can be such a positive boost to the artist and it "costs" nothing to give it, not even a supposed space in a gallery of everything Ive ever liked. (and that's not to say I use it flippantly! c: I can recognize hard work and effort or unique creativity even if a piece isn't something I'd "save" for myself to look back on later.)

I think it could be fun to save pieces to a viewable gallery of favorites in some other way, but I'd really prefer for it not to be a consequence of the "like" button, if that makes sense.

i agree , its one of the reasons i like posting on oekaki tbh.
JUST CAME BACK FROM HIATUS !
Coming back after a hiatus! I didn't check my oekaki notifs, and had 1k+ unread. I don't have the time to check them all, unfortunately, so if there is something you'd like me to check/be aware of, please PM me! <33 I hope you understand! (art coms are still open, for USD only and considering c$)

my toyhouse <3

Check out Vidapup's free
sig pets
! <3

Please consider commissioning me; I appreciate it a lot! <3

had last 1426 oekaki
COOLDOGOOO

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes